[linux-lvm] is it possible to move lvm2 logvols?

Robert Sander robert.sander at epigenomics.com
Wed Sep 12 05:06:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:42:06 +0200,
 Farkas Levente <lfarkas at bppiac.hu> wrote:
> hi,
> hi we've got a server with a lvm2 pv with a dozen of logvol in it. under
> the lvm we'd like to create a raid1 array on 2 disk. unfortunately we
> create raid0 under it. but the logvols contains a lots of important
> data. we'd like to
> - put 2 new disks into the system,
> - create the raid1 array on it,
> - put a new volgroup over the raid1,

Hi!

Do not create a new vg.
Add the raid1 as a second pv to the existing vg.
Use pvmove to move the logical volumes from one pv to the other.
This is an online operatipn.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                     Senior Manager Information Systems
Epigenomics AG    Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1    10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com             robert.sander at epigenomics.com