[linux-lvm] Q: Online resizing ext3 FS

Hiren Joshi josh at moonfruit.com
Thu Sep 13 08:09:10 UTC 2007

Sorry for the top quoting, I'm new to outlook =)

We did something similar, as the lv grows (with ext2online) the snapshot
will start filling up. If the resize fails, you will not be able to
(easily) revert directly back to the logical volume. This is because as
you start copying stuff back, the snapshot will be filling up. If you
want to be 100% safe, I would say go for some near line device that can
store 500G and backup to that!
HTH