[linux-lvm] lvm HA problem with file descriptor left open

Hans hans at ezpear.com
Wed Sep 19 15:27:33 UTC 2007

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 03:24:00PM +0800, hans wrote:
>
>> File descriptor 5 left open File descriptor 6 left open File descriptor
>> 7 left open File descriptor 8 left open File descriptor 9 left open File
>> descriptor 10 left open File descriptor 11 left open File descriptor 12
>> left open 0 logical volume(s) in volume group "vg0_sites" now active
>> Is it possible to force LVM
>> to close descriptors?
>>

> Those are only harmless warnings - LVM2 does close the file descriptors.
> It is only fatal under some selinux configurations.
>
> Alasdair

Thanks for answer.
But I don't think it is harmless. When my server shutdown , and my
backup is up high availability doesn't work.
DRBD  doesn't start because of this error.
After I manual set up drbd active, I can not see files created on main
machine .
After I again start main machine and start DRBD I can see all files.
I think it is problem with descriptors which cause errors in my HA.
I heard that I can use CLVM, but I don't know how it is compatible with LVM.

Regards,
Hans