[linux-lvm] lvm on a share environnement (SAN inside)

hubert chomette chomette at ensil.unilim.fr
Fri Sep 28 00:18:18 UTC 2007

but the vg can be accessed by the two host.
For example:
on xen1, there is vm1, vm2, vm3 and vm4  access from SAN by /dev/
domU_VG/vm{1,2,3,4}-disk
on xen2, there is vm5, vm6, vm7 and vm8  access from SAN by /dev/
domU_VG/vm{5,6,7,8}-disk

If xen1 comes down, vm1,vm2,vm3 and vm4 are reload (manually or by
script) on xen2
If there is intendance task on xen2, simply migrate vm{5,6,7,8} on xen1

There is no filesystem access simulty but the same vg is seen by the
two host.

thank's for your help ;)