[linux-lvm] How to move /usr from LVM back to non-LVM?

Georges Giralt georges.giralt at free.fr
Mon Apr 28 17:15:38 UTC 2008

Charles Marcus a écrit :
> On 4/28/2008, Georges Giralt (georges.giralt at free.fr) wrote:
>> But some people will question the reason you will move from LVM to
>> plain filesystem/partitioning....
>
> Good point... and maybe my reason is not a 'good one'... ;)
>
> My thinking is, since /usr is a critical system partition, it should be
> on the main system drive - which I always set up as a simple 2 drive
> mirror.
>
> So, I'm now curious how/what other people generally use LVM for?

Just my 2 ¢ here. I do not pretend to have the TRUTH ....
Said you've 2 identical drives for the system.
Set up  2 partitions onto them exactly the same.
The fisrt one,  small will be used for /boot
The second one for everything else using LVM.
Set up software raid to make a first mirror of the two /boot
and another one for the LVM.
This way, you can boot and run your machine from any disk and you can
even do a backup by splitting the raid....
IT has always worked except on my home machine where I was unable to
insatall a Fedora system using software mirror AND lvm ..; Go figure ;-)

--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
S'il vous plaît, aidez nous à conserver nos ressources,