[linux-lvm] Linux LVM performance using multiple iSCSI targets

अनुज Anuj Singh anujhere at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 13:05:47 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a LVM performance related question.
Issue:
We have multiple iscsi-target machines say iscsi-target1, iscsi-target2,
iscsi-target3, iscsi-target4,....iscsi-targetN imported on iSCSI-initiator
Machine (FileServer).

I used lvm and created a logical volume say MyBigStorage on FileServer using
/dev/sda1, /dev/sda2, /dev/sda3..../dev/sdaN as physical disks (these are
the raw disks exported from iscsi-target machines).

Question:
1. Is it going to take more time if a client machine looks for a file which
is on FileServer's LVM MyBigStorage, as my LVM is created using multiple raw
disks using iscsi-targets.

2. What would be impact over performance (file lookup) in case we increase
more iscsi-target machines, and expand our MyBigStorage lvm using newly
attached iscsi-target disks?

3. The file system we are going to use is GFS or ext3 and the overall data
is between 4TB to 8TB.

4. Any other issue which you can suggest with above approach?

Thanks and Regards
Anuj Singh.