[linux-lvm] Ran pvemove Before vgreduce, need help recovering

Puttitintheovenn puttitintheovenn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 17:10:01 UTC 2008

Hey All, I am trying to remove /dev/sdb1 from my LVM but I booted to a live
CD and ran pvremove /dev/sdb1, it said it was busy so i added -ff and forced
it. Then I realized after when trying to boot it was still trying to find
that disk. I ran vgredce --removemissing and that seemed to fix the issue
but now It seems that my logical volume is gone and when i try to run
vgchange -a y it says 0 volume groups found. I am not at a loss, I am sure
there is a Volume Group, and a Psyhical Volume for /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2
but no Logical Volume. I dont care about the data on /dev/sdb1 I just want
to get back everything on /dev/sda1 and 2.

Thanks and sorry if I did not give enough detail.