[linux-lvm] shift PV from disk to raid device?

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 20:22:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 21:15 +0100, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Doug Ledford wrote on Tue, 09 Dec 2008 14:56:24 -0500:
>
> > The solution to this problem is to create the raid device with a
> > superblock format of 1.1 or 1.2 (aka, -e 1.1 or -e 1.2).
>
> Is this an option to mdraid? mdadm --create --help doesn't show me this
> option. Might mdadm-2.6.4-1.el5 on 5.2 be too old? Or is this an option to
> fdisk/sfdisk?

The various mdadm mode specific help sections (such as --create --help)
only show options specific to that mode.  There are also general options
available from --help-options.  The -e option applies in multiple modes,
so it should be present in the general --help-options section (but it
isn't, even in the latest mdadm version).  It is, however, present and
explained in the man page for mdadm.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194