[linux-lvm] Convert a non-striped LV to a striped LV without data loss?

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Tue Dec 30 19:57:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Doug Eubanks wrote:

> No, I have a current linear lv that I want to stripe across three different
> hardware based RAID 5 controllers (3 pvs).

I think he wants to know if he can add the 3 new PVs to the same volume
group as the linear lv (of course), and then migrate the LV to be striped
across the 3 PVs.

As far as I can see, this is certainly possible with device mapper - but
I'm not aware of any support in current user mode tools.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>