[linux-lvm] mirrored LV + cmirror problem

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 15:43:35 UTC 2008

I've heard of people trying to create GNBD SANs in the past...  Some
have gone so far as to have many nodes and pool the mirrors together...

It can be tricky.  IIRC, one of the trickiest parts was bringing the
node back, reinserting the GNBD disk into the volume group, and
converting back to mirror.

Also, I think the remote node uses the GNBD interface, while the local
node simply uses the local interface.  You may be able to use iSCSI
too, but I'm not sure.

  brassow