[linux-lvm] lvm partition on ramdisk

Larry Dickson ldickson at cuttedge.com
Mon May 12 22:07:53 UTC 2008

OK, I got it to work using your workaround. Thanks, Stuart.

NEXT QUESTION...

How do I get LVM to put all the extents of the ramdisk BEFORE any of the
extents of the raid array? Even if I list the pvs, ramdisk first, in the
lvcreate command and/or start with the ramdisk in a vgcreate followed by
adding the raid array in a vgextend... it always ignores the ramdisk and
only assigns extents from the raid array. (I suppose it is putting the
ramdisk at the end, where it is useless for my purposes.)

TIA,

Larry