[linux-lvm] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to,kernel

Raquel Real López rreal at gfi-info.com
Mon May 19 08:09:51 UTC 2008

Hello!

I have got  a RedHat 3 Update 6 system. The system has a hard disk It's
partitioned like:
/dev/sda1 /boot Linux
/dev/sda2 LVM
    /dev/disk1Vol/rootvol /
    /dev/disk1Vol/export /export
    /dev/disk1Vol/softw /softw

The system was booted and it didn't start again.
The message was:
vgscan  ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of
volume group "disk1Vol" from physical volume

And then:

Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to
kernel.

If I boot with a rescue disk and I type "lvdisplay", LV UUID is
"000000-00....".

How can I recover the system?

Thanks in advance