[linux-lvm] PVResize

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Wed Nov 19 16:27:35 UTC 2008

Yes, you'll need to resize the partition, first.  The only way I've come
up with to do this is to use fdisk to delete the partition and then
recreate it at the exact same start location with the expanded end
location (I always make sure I have backups of the contents before I do
this - still makes me nervous even though I've done it a few dozen
times).  Save the new layout, then use pvresize to make LVM see the
expanded size.

-Nick