[linux-lvm] 15 snapshot limit?

Larry Dickson ldickson at cuttedge.com
Wed Sep 3 14:25:39 UTC 2008

It's MAX LV 0 which I suppose means unlimited (or default?) - though I can't
seem to find it documented anywhere. I'll check out Milan's upgrades. A
"magic formula" sure would be nice, as an unpredictable limit on the number
of snapshots is pretty annoying for a customer product. I wonder if
something is following a "grab half of what's left" strategy; that would
explain a near-independence of memory. There ought to be a way to require
ALL resources to be statically assigned.

Larry