[linux-lvm] Will LVM2 ever be able to do striped mirrors "raid 10"? >>> Use HARDWARE RAID CONTROLLERS

Greg Bledsoe greg at bledsoehome.net
Thu Apr 9 14:40:47 UTC 2009

I have to take issue with that.  Software raid is almost always faster
than hardware raid on any modern system.  I've run into a few special
cases where this isn't true, usually involving a database,
replication, and very large onboard raid cache.

Not to mention that adding a raid card is a single point of failure
and *poof* --  hope you had current backups.