[linux-lvm] Re: Problems running my home-built LVM2

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Feb 17 13:46:08 UTC 2009

> This really seems like problem unrelated to LVM2,
> is possible that O_DIRECT is just buggy on ARM & similar archs
> see http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/11/19/300 for example...

Yes, that's also my impression.  It would be good to add a clear
note/warning about it somewhere in the README, or even change the
`configure.in' to test O_DIRECT (or even disable it on the affected
platforms).
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why my LVM2 build
didn't work and how to fix it, and I hope nobody else needs to go
through that.

        Stefan