[linux-lvm] Size of the mirror log?

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Wed Jan 28 08:50:24 UTC 2009

Hi!

I'm unable to find any information on how the size of the mirror log is
determined. Right now I only have four volumes of 1GB each to test this,
obviously too little. We will be getting a few 128GB volumes soon, but I
would rather have a formula than some test results...

I presume the size will depend on the number of mirror regions, but how
much log does a region require?

Thanks for help,
Lupe Christoph
--
| There is no substitute for bad design except worse design.                   |
| /me                                                                          |