[linux-lvm] LVM mirroring or mdadm

Diego Jacobi jacobidiego at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:14:37 UTC 2009

Hi.

For te mirrorlog you can partition your new disk with 2 lvm
partitions. One for logs.
A mirror log are normally 4 Mb for each mirror, at least in my current system.
I maked a 1Gb partition only for logs and it is way too much, but 1 Gb
in current disks is nothing.
You could make a 200 Mb partition and it will still being way too much.
And the rest of the disk for boot, swap and lvm.

Having mirroring in LVM is great, you will only use 1 tool for
everything and it is much more flexible, however, i dont know yet how
to do parallel readings in linux, and i cant find any information
about it.
Si if you want raid for improving read speed, i cant help you yet, but
if you want it to duplicate your data, then i would recommend lvm for
flexibility.

Cheers.
Diego