[linux-lvm] Total free space using added VGs and LVs

Lou Arnold larnolda1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 19:06:47 UTC 2009

Luca, your comments make sense. After my last message I considered just what
you said, but I don't know how to prove it.

I know there is no data on the drive that I added, because I just added the
drive and never put data on it. I am sure "busy" means that it is
mounted. Because it is included in the default group/volume (VolGroup00 -
LogVol00) and because that LV is mounted at root ("/"), I cannot reduce the
filesystem with resize2fs; there is no way to unmount "/", that I know of,
anyway.   Unless of course someone knows how?