[linux-lvm] Mirrored LVs

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Fri Oct 23 19:41:51 UTC 2009

On 23.10.2009 21:02, malahal at us.ibm.com wrote:
>> In a LE it would be mirrored too and a copy would be in each mirror...
>
> That is not possible with the current LVM code. The log can't be a
> 'mirror' segment. Jonathan posted few patches to place the log on
> mirrored segment but the code is not in the upstream yet!

So keep the map in the vgda, with a copy on each pv, or somewhere
similar. It should just be a map of which LE is stale and doesn't have
to be big anyway.

Maybe IBM should donate some LVM code to linux :)

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: morten.torstensen at gmail.com

I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer
Poland.
	-- Woody Allen