[linux-lvm] Removing a very old physical drive

Ray Morris support at bettercgi.com
Mon Oct 26 18:32:08 UTC 2009

    I think you want "pvmove".  It moves LVs off of a physical
volume onto other ones in the same volume group.

> My problem now is that the new drive is fully allocated and
> so this route won't work. There is plenty of free space on
> the new drive

    The drive is fully allocated and it has plenty of free
space?  Do you mean that the drive is part of the volume
group, but does not yet have all it' sectors full?
--
Ray Morris
support at bettercgi.com

http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/