[linux-lvm] Best Practices deploying LVM

Abraham Pérez jockah at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 23:45:39 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some whitepapper or similar document to find any kind of
best practices using LVM.

For example, usually i make only one volume group in each server and inside
it I create different logical volumes for different purposes, but talking
with one colleague, we discover that he makes one volume group for each
logical volume (more or less)... so my final question is: in performance
terms, what configuration is more efficient and why?

Please excuse my writen english, but I don't use it very often.

Thanks for your attention,
Abraham Pérez