[linux-lvm] Shared access to LVM2 metadata

Mark Round mark.round at ahc.uk.com
Thu Sep 17 08:52:33 UTC 2009

As a follow-up to my own question :

Some answers off-list seem to imply that it is not so much shared access
to the SAN-shared LVM2 volume group that is the issue, it is the worry
of two or more systems updating the LVM metadata at the same time.

I just want to clarify that assuming this can be mitigated by only ever
updating the metadata (creating,deleting,resizing volumes etc.) on one
server, is this safe ?

Thanks,

-Mark