[linux-lvm] Disk crash on LVM

Fredrik Skog fredrik.skog at rodang.se
Sat Sep 19 17:45:34 UTC 2009

Thanks guys for your input on the matter.
I lenghtened the power cables and bought a full lenght SATA cable. Now the
disk is in the freezer and in progress with pvmove. 10% now. so far so good.
The reason i decided for the pvmove instead of dd or dd_rescue was the fact
that i tried a pvmove before, so the process was already started but it
stopped working on 1%. Now with a frozen and working disk it continued from
where it left off.

I can tell you how it turned out later.

Thanks

/Fredrik