[linux-lvm] linux-lvm Digest, Vol 78, Issue 4

Daksh Chauhan daksh at olemiss.edu
Tue Aug 17 20:16:17 UTC 2010

----

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:26:09 -0400
From: "Allen, Jack" <Jack.Allen at mckesson.com>
To: LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm at redhat.com>
Subject: [linux-lvm] pvmove hangs

Hello:

         A little history and why I am asking the question in this
list.
The customer needed to move from an existing SAN to a new SAN and
wanted
as little as possible down time for the Application. So they zoned the
new SAN for access by the system and then added the new LUNs to the
existing Volume Group. Then ran the pvmove commands. It worked with no
problem on one of the PVs, but on the second one all the I/O hung at
the
Application and any commands that access the LVM information such as
vgdisplay.

Why not use LVM mirroring? Checkout lvconvert...

_____

Jack Allen