[linux-lvm] CLVM and LV activation

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Fri Aug 27 18:06:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

When a CLVM cluster comes up, the LVs in the clustered volume groups are
"not available". I can use the heartbeat LVM resource to trigger a
"vgchange -aly", but I'm wondering if there's a way to configure it to
happen automatically. It'd make my cluster config simpler.

I'm not positive, but I guess the volume_list directive in lvm.conf
might be able to do it. Is there a way to tell it to activate all LVs on
all VGs, or do I have to list the VGs by name?

Thanks,
Mike