[linux-lvm] A Question About LVM

Denie Andriessen denie at bokxing.nl
Fri Feb 5 00:50:32 UTC 2010

Hello Mohammed,

my answers:
1) Yes, LVM has undergone a LOT of changes.. The current versions all are actually called ' LVM2'
That does suggest there was a LVM (1)...
LVM(1) was quite a bit different, it didn't even need the device mapper !!!
2) There are so much dates and revisions, check the ChangeLogs, and try and setup a CVS client for it, it has ALL the gory details, with dates and all !!
ALL !! Even the tiniest change is in there !!

Beware, it is a LOT of information !!!

LVM is like any Opensource project, following quite a few rules.. Check out wikipedia on it, and see when it has been added to the main kernel as experimental, and when the experimetal tag as been removed. You can check that out on kernel.org too !!

Okies, be warned.. learning about this, will take time and effort on your side.. All information is there !!! You only have to learn how to acces it !

There is no ready answer for your question in the format you request it.
All the information is in the CVS. Learn CVS, and it will give you all the answers..

Learn, and be happy!

Regards,
Denie