[linux-lvm] lvextend docmentation vs. implementation (lvm2-2.02.39), Suse-11.1

Ray Morris support at bettercgi.com
Wed Feb 10 09:20:36 UTC 2010

> It fails with: Invalid argument +5%LV

    You'd need to send the WHOLE command line you used
in order for us debug it for you, not just a couple of
characters from it.  That is, however, enough to see
a couple of problems you have.  This document may help
you solve two of your problems:
https://www.bettercgi.com/gpl/smart-questions.html

    I'm also going to guess that you tried throwing
"+5%LV" out there in the middle of the command line
rather than as the argument to -l.  The man
page says:

{
   -l/--extents   [+]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|PVS|FREE}]  |
   -L/--size [+]LogicalVolumeSize[kKmMgGtT]
}
--
Ray Morris
support at bettercgi.com