[linux-lvm] problem #including <lvm2ap.h> using cvs

ben scott benscott at nwlink.com
Sat Jun 12 23:43:03 UTC 2010

I want to start putting the lvm library in my app but have run into a snag.
When I put the line:

#include <lvm2app.h>

in my program, I get the following error:

  In file included from /usr/include/lvm2app.h:17,

/usr/include/libdevmapper.h:1025: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before
‘private’
/usr/include/libdevmapper.h:1047: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before
‘private’

The relevant portion of libdevmapper.h look like this:

struct dm_report_field_type {
        uint32_t type;          /* object type id */
        uint32_t flags;         /* DM_REPORT_FIELD_* */
        uint32_t offset;        /* byte offset in the object */
        int32_t width;          /* default width */
        const char id[32];      /* string used to specify the field */
        const char heading[32]; /* string printed in header */
        int (*report_fn)(struct dm_report *rh, struct dm_pool *mem,
                         struct dm_report_field *field, const void *data,
                         void *private);
        const char *desc;       /* description of the field */
};

I am running Debian unstable in 64 bits. Any Idea what I am doing wrong here?

Thank you.