[linux-lvm] mounting a filesystem on LVM2

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 05:33:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Ray Morris <support at bettercgi.com> wrote:

> partitions, just like any other block device.
> Preferably use parted as opposed to fdisk, as
> fdisk can support only up to 2 TB.

You mean to say within the LVM if I use parted that way I will be able
to create two different filesystems existing together.
Until now what ever I came across internet is mkfs.ext3 and mkswapfs but
they work on two different LVM and will convert those LVM into ext3
and swap respectively.
I want to break one LVM into 2 one of which I want to populate with a
root filesystem
and another with swap.