[linux-lvm] pvdisplay "Found duplicate"

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 10:17:23 UTC 2010

On 10/18/2010 09:49 AM, Guifre Bosch Fabregas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I launch the command pvdisplay I see the error "*Found duplicate PV*"
>
> I search in google this error and some persons talk about this document
> http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-2991 but this document only can see with
> any subscription.
>
> Anybody have this problem or know any solution?

You don't mention what storage setup you are using but if you have
multipath storage then you will need to configure filters in
/etc/lvm/lvm.conf to exclude the individual paths and ensure that LVM2
only uses the multipath devices.

If this isn't the problem you're having then you're going to need to
describe your situation in more detail (include command output & a
description of your environment) for people to be able to help you.

Regards,
Bryn.