[linux-lvm] copy lv from lv?

yue ooolinux at 163.com
Fri Apr 1 02:46:26 UTC 2011

1.what i mean is that, when copy one lv, i would like use it's snapshot, not origin, because origin  is always template.     making a snapshot is very quick.
but if  can take  a  thousand snapshots from one lv,  same size as origin? while the snapshots are readable and writable?

thanks
2.nice -5 dd if=/dev/clones/from bs=64M iflag=direct |
        dd of=/dev/scratch/to bs=64M oflag=direct
the pipe base on STDIN,STDOUT. i do not think  STDIN,STDOUT have too mush cache