[linux-lvm] LVM corruption/diagnosis

Jan Bakuwel jan.bakuwel at omiha.com
Thu Apr 7 02:06:37 UTC 2011

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your reply.

Problem solved. It was my brain mixing /dev/d/ and /dev/mapper.
Releasing the partition device with kpartx -d worked - as long as I use
the correct path and not mix the VG name with "mapper".

Duh...

Radu: the first test I'll do is not to zero the partition but to restore
the image now the partition device (/dev/d/xm.wxp1) is gone. I don't
understand why it's there in the first place (dom0 has no business
there). If that helps, the presence of that partition device apparently
interferes with the VM. If that doesn't help, I'll zero the blocks and
report back (some time next week).

thanks folks for the help,
Jan