[linux-lvm] lvm devices under /dev/mapper missing

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Tue Apr 12 06:59:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm using LVM on top of software RAID 1 on Debian squeeze.

The symbolic links under /dev/mapper have gone missing. I don't know why.
I'm looking for advice on how to diagnose and fix this (if necessary). I
believe udev dynamically generates these links, so in the best case
scenario nothing needs to be done. But I don't know if there might be
other problems I'm not aware of.

Further details are at

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/11125/lvm-devices-under-dev-mapper-missing

Please CC me on any reply to faheem at email.unc.edu. Thanks very much in