[linux-lvm] LVM Naming Convention

Assarsson, Emil Emil.Assarsson at sonyericsson.com
Wed Apr 20 06:48:54 UTC 2011

We have also started to use hostnames in the VG names for the same reason. Starting with vg makes is easier to auto complete when using bash :-P. I don't see any reason why to use "lv" to the LV's but it doesn't hurt. I also try to use UUID's in the /etc/fstab as much as possible.

Best regards
Emil Assarsson