[linux-lvm] How to find out the location of PE's

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Dec 30 13:52:23 UTC 2011

Just for clarity:

Second sector = sector 1 (counting from 0).

For the sake of completeness:

       --labelsector sector
              By  default the PV is labelled with an LVM2 identifier in
its second sector (sector 1).  This lets you use a differ‐
              ent sector near the start of the disk (between 0 and 3
inclusive - see LABEL_SCAN_SECTORS in the source).  Use
with
              care.

Hope you can revocer you metadata - btw, did you loose your /etc dir as
well (Was it on one of the PVs?)?

Regards

-Sven