[linux-lvm] Cannot access logical volume (open count=1)

Peter Flass Peter_Flass at Yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 01:48:54 UTC 2011

I'm learning as I go here, I had never heard of Linux LVM until
yesterday.  This is a plain vanilla fedora installation.  /dev/sdb2
contains the root and swap logical volumes.  /dev/sdb1 is home.  kpartx
-a /dev/sdb creates /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2,
and kpartx -d /dev/sdb deletes both of them.  Neither state made a bit
of difference as far as accessing 'home'.

Pvscan shows one pv: /dev/sdb2.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I'm booting from the latest Ubuntu rescure
remix  CD (10.10).  My Fedora CD won't boot - it loops during boot.
Someone suggested Knoppix, but that loops also.