[linux-lvm] getting pe_start right

CHANDRASEKARAN, GIRIDHAR (GIRI) (ATTSI) gs3162 at att.com
Fri May 6 15:05:09 UTC 2011

Try "--metadatasize 288k

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-lvm-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:linux-lvm-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Phillip Susi
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 10:56 AM
To: linux-lvm at redhat.com
Subject: [linux-lvm] getting pe_start right

While trying to convert my mdadm raid5 array from metadata format 0.9 to

1.0, I forgot to specify the version and it defaulted to 1.2, which
damaged the lvm metadata.  After correcting mdadm to 1.0, I decided to
try to recreate the LVM after managing to locate the volume descriptions

in the metadata after manually dumping it.

The problem I now have is that pvcreate will not use the same pe_start
as before.  It was 384 and it is now 3072.  I tried using --metadatasize

192k --dataalignmentsize 0 and it did not help.  What gives?