[linux-lvm] vgchange --sysinit tries to write on filesystem.

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu May 12 01:30:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

Since updating to lvm2 2.02.85, I'm getting the following message on
bootup after "/sbin/vgchange --sysinit -a y" is ran by the system
initscripts:

/etc/lvm/cache/.cache unlink failed: Read-only filesystem

This happens because the root partition is still mounted as read-only
at that point in the booting process.  Unless I'm mistaken, I believe
the use of the --sysinit option should prevent such error to happen.

Thanks,
Eric Belanger