[linux-lvm] LVM Mirror Failure Detection

Richard Turner richard.turner83 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:10:19 UTC 2011

HIi

I am trying to setup LVM Mirroring on a Ubuntu 11.04 system and I'm not
having any luck getting the mirror failure detection working.

I have downloaded and compiled LVM from source (v2.2.02.88) and installed
dmeventd but still monitoring doesn't seem to work, when a mirror leg
failure occurs and I try to copy data to the LV the prompt just hangs
indefinitely with no mention of the problem anywhere.

There is no indication anywhere that mirror failure monitoring shouldn't
work but I did notice that I don't have the
'libdevmapper-event-lvm2mirror.so' module anywhere on my system even after
installing from source, am I missing something or is this functionality not
yet available?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich