[linux-lvm] LVM pretends it has more space than it actually has

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Mon Sep 19 00:21:00 UTC 2011

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011, Gijs wrote:

> Now I wonder why LVM wants to pretend it has more space than it actually has.
> Because when I subtract those sectors from each other, and I calculate how
> much bytes are in those "pretended sectors", it turns out that that's the
> exact amount that is missing (1MB).

This may not be related, but I had a problem with blockdev --getsize in Fedora
14 returning the wrong size for an IDE drive on a USB-IDE/SATA adapter.  It
returned the correct size for SATA drives on the USB adapter, and for IDE
drives connected to the internal IDE port.  So I chalked this up to wierdness
on the (nearly obsolete) USB/IDE interface.  But your problem suddenly made me
not so sure.

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>