[linux-lvm] lvm_vg_create_lv_linear() stuck in dm_udev_wait()

Alexander Lyakas alex.bolshoy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 19:40:33 UTC 2011

Hello Zdenek,
I just wanted to update you:

- ubuntu confirmed that this rule is problematic, and causes also other issues:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udev/+bug/833891

- we have uninstalled the ubuntu lvm package, and using now the 88
version that you pointed at.

At this point, this are going pretty well, although sometimes we have
conflicts with other ubuntu packages, which try to install lvm/dmsetup
from ubuntu, so we are preventing them from doing that.

We had to add a code to manually activate the LVs once the VG shows up
(it was done by the ubuntu rule), but this is perfectly fine for us.

A question that we have: building the official LVM package has a lot
of configuration options. We have picked some that make sense,
especially the udev synchronization options. But perhaps we missed
some important ones. Do you think you can recommend a set of conf
options, to make the package most "friendly"?

Thanks for your help,
  Alex.