[linux-lvm] Hide volume group during startup

Erik Schwalbe erik.schwalbe at canoo.com
Wed Apr 11 10:04:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

we have a problem with hiding/deactivating a stacked volume group during startup.

System is a Ubuntu 10.4.4 LTS (NAS).
lvm2: 2.02.54-1ubuntu4.1ppa5

lvs:
backup-all data -wi-ao 3.00t
fileserver-forBackup data -wi-ao 50.00g
kvm_disk0 data -wi-ao 400.00g
vm-203-disk-1 kvm_disk0 -wi-ao- 28.01g

kvm_disk0 is used as device for iscsitarget.

The iscsiinitiator created a new volume group (kvm_disk0) on the blockdevice and new virtual disks (vm-203-disk-1) .

Our problem is, that the iscsitarget host found not only the VG "data" during system startup but also the other VG (kvm_disk0) and activate it.
So DRBD can't get exclusive access to the LV kvm_disk0.

We try to filter in lvm.conf, but after startup, the VG kvm_disk0 is allways activated.

Thank you for help.

Regards,
Erik