[linux-lvm] Getting 'incorrect semaphore state' on self configured server kernel

Mark van Dijk lists+linux-lvm at internecto.net
Sun Aug 12 15:31:01 UTC 2012

> >> I appreciate all help I can get.
> >>

> > I still haven't solved this.. who is willing to lend me a hand
> > please?
>
> A diff -u of a working kernel config vs a non-working config would
> possibly help.
> --
> Scott Merrilees

(I'm replying to a digest so sorry if the formatting is a bit off. I
disabled digests for now.)

Scott, thanks for your suggestion. I followed it, changed more settings
just for testing, and still can't get it to work without these errors.

So I tried to build a kernel, same version and same config on a
different distribution, this time I chose AlpineLinux. And lo, the
errors are not occurring there.

This makes me suspicious about Archlinux's udev version and/or methods,
but the question about why their own kernel doesn't have these issues
remains.

What to try next? Where to look?

--
Stay in touch,