[linux-lvm] lvextend NEVER works but screws up

Jonathan Tripathy jonnyt at abpni.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 06:32:52 UTC 2012

On 23/08/2012 16:18, tariq wali wrote:
>  lvresize to extend an lvm ? how
It's the same syntax as lvextend.

> also I cant create a new lvm don't have that much space and the to
> extend the new one and it would mean downtime . don't think it's an
> issue with filesystem tools , lvm has NEVER been consistent in my case .
Can you please provide details on why you don't think it's a filesystem
issue? Have you come across other details that lead you to believe this?
These details may help the list in helping you. While I may be over
simplifying things, all LVM is, is a fancy block mapper. Most
complicated things are done by the filesystem on top.