[linux-lvm] Snapshots

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Thu Feb 16 15:18:31 UTC 2012

Long ago, Nostradamus foresaw that on Feb 16, Mark Woodward would write:

> I guess I missed that. I need to check out the changes, looks like you have
> auto-grow with monitoring? I was looking more towards the "snapshots of
> snapshots" ability. Is that on the radar?

The ZumaStor 3rd party userland tools support that.

An elegant part of the LVM system is that the device mapper kernel support is
very general, and new data structures can be experimented with entirely in user
code - with a script language even.  Metadata for experimental structures does
not have to stored with the main metadata.

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>