[linux-lvm] mirror_region_size default: 4096 six times faster than 512?

Ray Morris support at bettercgi.com
Thu Feb 23 16:46:19 UTC 2012

512 byte sector consumer SATA drives from Seagate and Hitachi. Drives attached to a 9560 RAID card exhibited more difference than drives in a different system attached to the motherboard directly. As I mentioned, I haven't done extensive or highly scientific testing, but in general, across various hardware using various software, copying chinks of a few MBs seems to always beat copying bytes or KB per chunk.