[linux-lvm] how to online resize pv?

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Tue Jul 31 06:58:42 UTC 2012

this does not work for me.

no partition table on vda:

# parted -l
Model: Linux device-mapper (linear) (dm)
Disk /dev/mapper/system-root: 21,5GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: loop

Number  Start  End     Size    File system  Flags
  1      0,00B  21,5GB  21,5GB  xfs

Model: Linux device-mapper (linear) (dm)
Disk /dev/mapper/system-boot: 210MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: loop

Number  Start  End    Size   File system  Flags
  1      0,00B  210MB  210MB  ext2

Error: /dev/vda: unrecognised disk label

# grub-install /dev/vda
/usr/sbin/grub-setup: error: unable to identify a filesystem in hd0;
safety check can't be performed.

sure as there is no filesystem on sda.

Greets
Stefan