[linux-lvm] LVM2APP still under active development?

Bram Klein Gunnewiek bramklg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:42:06 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm developing an in-house application that needs to control LVM set-ups. I
was looking at the lvm2app API but its missing a couple of features I need
(snapshots, resizing logical volumes (API is defined but not implemented),
...). I can't find any road-map or document with plans for the API (only
the v1 document at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LVM/liblvm ).

Is the API still under active development, and are new features added? I
rather use a stable API instead of wrapping around CLI commands, but mixing
the two to use the functionality the API is missing doesn't seem a smart
option to me.