[linux-lvm] fdisk can't recognize partition tables

Amandeep Kapila kapila.amandeep at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:39:59 UTC 2013

Hello,

           I have a little lvm related issue with Debian Squeeze
installation. I install debian squeeze with lvm partitioning. The
installation completes and every thing is working fine for last many days.
But I notice a message when I use the fdisk tool to list my partitions. The
message is,

            Disk /dev/dm-4 doesn't contain a valid partition table

           Why I am getting this and what can be the implications? Can
fdisk read the lvm partition tables or it can't and just giving this
message? Any workaround? Again I assert everything is working great.

           Thanks in advance....

Regards,